A Look At Our Life

Happily married and rejoicing in God

Name:
Location: Southport, North Carolina, United States

I am married to Ryan Winstead and we live very happily in North Carolina where he runs a painting business with his dad and I teach piano and coordinate the children's ministry at our church. We have a wonderful family who we love very much! I love being an auntie to my niece Mia and can't wait to be a mommy!

Saturday, May 10, 2008

~Thanks Mom~

Every year, as Mother's Day approaches, I am again reminded of how much I love and appreciate my mom. As I was reflecting on all the things I am thankful for, I was reminded of something she instilled in us at a very young age.

Mom, thanks for teaching me to take joy in the simple things in life.

I have fond memories of running through sprinklers, picnicking on the back deck, and roller skating in the basement. My mom had a way of making everything fun and bringing out the best in every situation. I hope and pray I can give my children that same kind of appreciation for life. I love you mom!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ruthy said...

I 2nd that about your Mom! She's something else. =0)

10:29 PM  
Blogger Ruthy said...

Regarding my blog: I'll NEVER forget when I came to your piano lesson on a Wednesday night b/4 church after we had lost our first baby. You walked in and just kept looking at me with the biggest eyes, and said "I'm sorry about your baby." It was so sweet. You must have been like 10 or 11. I miss you, Katie-girl.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Katie Winstead said...

Wow, I don't really remember that?!? That is so sweet that you do. I hope you had a wonderful mother's day this year! I hope I can enjoy my first next year! ;)

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home